Monday, August 21, 2006

What’s Wrong with ME?!


I was reading Time Magazine a while ago, and one of their cover stories was about "betwixters" – a term that was coined because of people like me. Working adults who are still heavily dependent upon their families, and rapidly changing careers.

It validated my feelings because I realized that I was not the only one in that sort of predicament.

It spoke about us looking for job satisfaction instead of security. Our generation is more concerned with being happy at our place of employment than working at a dead-end depressing job.

Though money is important, it is doesn't take precedence over personal pleasure of our vocations. This seems to be a result of the previous generation’s obsession with purely materialistic gain. After realizing that money truly cannot bring happiness, we are looking for careers that we enjoy and maybe doing some other moneymaking scheme on the side.

Basically, for anyone like me who is struggling to find your niche out there - you're not alone!

No comments: