Friday, August 25, 2006

Settling for Ordinary


Have you realized this phenomenon? I know of so many people who end up settling for somebody they don’t really want for a number of reasons. Usually it circles around the fact that they are lonely and longing for companionship.

Sometimes, it’s just to pass the time. But more often then not, it ends up being a long-term commitment that they don’t really want. Hmmm….I don’t know – maybe it’s just a pride issue, and maybe like one friend said – once I hit 27 I’ll take what I can get (highly unlikely!) – but I refuse to waste my time with someone I’m not really interested in.

Too many emotions get involved; people get hurt, etc… (sigh) It’s actually been a long and painful road to get to this point, but regardless of the “You’re too picky” statements, I’m totally happy to be here.

I’d rather wait and take my time till I’m certain that I’m ready to commit – than to play with others in the search to find the impossible “One”. I don’t even believe in the “One” anyway. I have total faith that there is more than one man I can be deliriously happy with! The difference comes in the timing, location, and relationship.

Anyways, it just strikes me as kinda sad. God-willing I won’t settle for "ordinary" - I'm waiting for extraordinary....!

No comments: