Thursday, September 14, 2006

PeaceJam 2006


Guess what?!?!?!?! I was driving in my car listening to NPR (an absolutlely fabulous station) and heard that tomorrow kicks off the 10th Annual PeaceJam Conference! "The what?" - you ask. The ONLY conference outside of Oslo, Norway where Nobel Peace Prize Laureautes gather to empower and encourage the youth of the world....and take a wild guess where it is......????

DENVER!!!!!!! Yay, yay, and yay again!!!

Okay, so not only will the Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu be here, but also 6 of the 12 women laureates will be speaking - including RIGOBERTA MENCHU TUM from Guatemala - and I'm going!!!!

Where are my human rights people when I need them?????

2 comments:

Vixen said...

Niice! I take it Denver isn't too far from you? Sweet.

RandomlySane said...

Nope - technically I'm 5 minutes away :OP. Downtown is only about 15-20 minutes depending on traffic.