Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Being Me


Tonight I got the following comment regarding my journal entries:

yo being you and dealing with your mind is freaking crazy. Don't let any guy who wants to date you read this or they will go crazy to see how your brain works. Women like you are just .......

:OP First off, I had to laugh. But then I thought about it. It’s odd. On one hand I feel as though I’ve been personally attacked and want to defend myself, and on the other hand I don’t feel that I even need to explain. Hmmm…let me start by saying this – whatever MAN I date would probably know me enough not to be intimidated by me or how my mind works. :O)

Secondly, these were written over a year ago. If I was still feeling this way or even completely thinking this way, I definitely wouldn’t have had the guts to put it on the internet! I will say again though, the majority of women that I know can empathize at one time or another. Why do you think we spend hours on the phone discussing the opposite sex? We are constantly poring over “what he could have meant by using that phrase” and does he treat all women that way or am I special?” Clearly, some may see it as useless – but we bond over things like this.

Do you have any idea of the number of calls or emails I’ve received from other women regarding these posts? Usually in the vein of “I feel the same way, but I can’t believe you put it on your blog!”

So, once again “Anon” – we are completely unique and special! If you are a guy, I hope you learn something about women – other than trying to stay away from ones like me…!

2 comments:

Vixen said...

Amen sister girl. Say it loud and proud. Those Anon posters come with the territory, they are surprised that you have the guts to lay it out there, and instead of enjoying the candor, they attack and hate trying to put you in your place because you are saying what they cannot say themselves. Let it roll off your back hun and keep doing ur thing!

RandomlySane said...

Thanks ladies - some people just can't handle the truth! :OP