Friday, September 08, 2006

Encouraging Words


A friend sent an email to me in response to some of my posts - and it is definitely a blessing that I would like to share with you....I pulled out some of it, hopefully she won't mind :OP!

I've realized how controlling I am of my future and plans for school and work but God already knows our thoughts even before we think about it.

Something to ponder about...perhaps you wanting to move all the time and "plan" your career is God saying, "Be patient and still, so that you can hear my voice and know the plans that I have for You." I know that you had mentioned about staying in Denver for about 2 months...I know that things that happen in our lives aren't just coincidence and that they were all about God's timing. (i.e. -----------maybe God is using you in -------- lives and they really need you to be in Denver-whether you realize it or not). Who knows? I'm obviously not God but lately God has been teaching me a lot about living for today.

Verses that apply to me right now:
"There are different ways God works in our lives, but it is the same God who does the work through all of us." 1 Cor 12:6

"Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you." Joshua 3:5

"Be glad for all God is planning for you. Be patient in trouble and always be prayerful." Rom 12:12

"Let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect His will really is." Roman 12:2

No comments: