Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Dramamine



So, I realized yesterday that I get motion sickness. I knew that I had a slight case before on the winding roads of Madagascar (don't you love the sneaky way I put that in there?) - but I thought it was a one time thing.

So the idea of getting into a tiny Cessna with my mom and dad didn't faze me one bit. My dad recently got his pilot's license and was anxious to show us his skills by taking us for lunch in Fort Collins. Uh - for clarification purposes - Fort Collins is maybe a 2 to 3 hour drive from where we live - and I could be exaggerating greatly, but the point is we don't usually go there.

Anyway, going up wasn't frightening at all. It was a beautifully clear day and I could see how extremely flat Colorado is. Honestly, I was more concerned for my mom who is afraid of heights! Long story short - after maybe ten minutes of being bumped in the wind, I started sweating profusely and feeling like I wanted to throw up. I ended up putting back my seat, tuning out the radio and going to sleep. I woke up just as we were about to land.

The moral of the story? There is none. Next time I'll just take some Dramamine...
By the by, (what the hell does that mean???) in case you wanted to laugh or be offended - check this out...

1 comment:

BCC said...

small planes, fort collins, and motion sickness must go hand in hand. I have an uncle in ft. collins,that had a bonanza, that i got sick in every time i went up with him.

any ideas for an appropriate description of your blog for the link i put on my page...