Friday, November 10, 2006

The Times They are A-Changin'...(hopefully...)


Well, if you haven't been watching TV, listening to your radio, or talking to other people - it's official: the Dems have taken control of Congress! Thanks largely in part to my party - the Independents (ha, and nobody thought we were important).

I was avidly watching the news, hoping in my heart that the American people were smarter, or at least exhausted by the current party (aka Bushies).

Plus, I was suffering from immense guilt - seeing as I didn't actually vote....I know.... :O( BUT, before you jump all over me for being totally unpatriotic and leaving the outcome to chance, I do have a perfectly good excuse....

Well, for those of you who don't know I recently moved back to Colorado from Florida some months ago. Thing is, I still have a Florida license...I was planning to change it, but thankfully I was reminded that I may have an outstanding speeding ticket in that state (running late for work). So, I was and still am a little scared about going into the DMV and having them snatch my driving license away with their grubby bureaucracy nonsense...and I wasn't trying to do that absentee ballot thingy.... Thus, I didn't vote.

If you find a bit of flawed reasoning in my argument - too bad. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it...Anyway, it's about time we have a semblance of democracy again - checks and balances, etc...Hopefully, the Dems won't screw it up...

No comments: