Thursday, November 23, 2006

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun


Okay...so, I have A LOT to catch up on...but I'll start off with this... One of my friends from Atlanta came in for Thanksgiving...since then the we've been acting up!

Long story short, I was invited to a poetry/open mic session Saturday night and went with 3 other of my girls...we get there, mingle a bit, I read my poem (Unrequited Love!), then about half-way through my friends get antsy. One is playing tetris while someone's reading and the other is texting constantly...both of them have a touch of ADHD and absolutely NO broughtupcy...lol...(trini term for misbehaving)...

Anyway, I decided it was probably time to go...so we said our goodbyes to the hostess and moved out. Well, my girl from Atlanta had to use the bathroom, so we went in to wait for her. (sigh) And that's were it got ridiculous....

One of my other friends decided to start singing (in her best country-western voice) "I believe the children are our future".... So, who doesn't love Whitney Houston??? We all chimed in - loudly, and utterly obnoxiously. Just picture 4 girls (I can't say women!) in front of the bathroom mirror, dancing like hooligans and screaming our lungs out to the Greatest Love of All!

Oh, did I mention the entire song???? Well, as our last note died down, the bathroom door opened. And....the open mic/poetry host and mc told us that they could hear us, and I quote, "loud and clear", aaaaand that we were disrupting the poetry reading! LOL...!!!

We were sooooooo embarrassed that we literally ran out the bathroom, down the hall, to our car, laughing and giggling all the way. Mortified and appalled! Knowing that we could never show our faces there again....

Then we went out and had more fun...but I'll leave that for another post...
Oh - and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

1 comment:

RandomlySane said...

LOL - very true - i miss you guys!! Very few people could understand that behaviour knowing that alcohol wasn't involved :OP!