Friday, September 07, 2007

Bar Review

Just came from bar review....totally not my scene at all...lol...I think I'm too much of a snob...plus, they don't have the no smoking rule down here yet...and why the hell would I want to dress up for some dim, dirty, and almost decrepit looking establishment??? I don't get it...but apparently the other girls do...lol...frankly, I think my jeans are too good for those types of places...I'm not in Guatemala anymore...

I think I'm finally accepting that I'm just gonna be tired for the next couple of years. All the time. Period.

So, what's the biggest thing I've learned so far? Aside from the workload, law school is like high school. Lockers and all. Cliques. It's definitely interesting...Oh, and that law is totally subjective. Totally. Precedent the Constitution, whatever...it's basically whatever the judges feel like making it.

I get the cynicism...BUT I'm tired, so you shouldn't take me tooo seriously... I'm actually enjoying it...

6 comments:

BCC said...

whoa... what are you doing at bar review, you're a 1L? either i am misunderstanding what "bar review" is or you need to unload your guns, set them down and enjoy the next 3 years ;-) the workload isn't bad, you'll figure it out - just remember, don't study hard (there are plenty of people that study hard and do poorly), study smart.

itsnotmeitsme said...

"Bar reivew" is this thing where law students go to a bar and hang out. It has nothing to do with the law (except if you wind up breaking it!).

Law is totally subjective. Or, as we say at Law Firm, the law is what we tell the SEC it is. The market can't be wrong... =)

Seriously, stay away from the bar review scene - I never went to one in law school! And the time thing works out after the first few weeks when you either 1) realize that you are never going to be able to do all the reading, so you just say "fuck it" or 2) you develop a system.

Kelli said...

Where did they take you? I'd figure Vandy Candy would at least go some place nice...

Plus - in regards to your comment about my contracts case - What casebook are you guys using?

BCC said...

thanks for the correction jenny. i feel rather sheep-ish now.

RandomlySane said...

lol - thanks jenny, couldn't have said it better...ummm...ms. foxy i have no clue - its blue with a lexisnexis logo infront...dont remember the authors...

Counsellor in Cultivation said...

give it another year

*enter evil laugh here*