Friday, September 21, 2007

From Soup to Nuts

Wow....totally found this on Google....


Yeah - I know...the title is strange. And the funny thing is I didn't even think of it myself. I went to my first law firm cocktail reception tonight. A firm called Bass, Berry and Sims. I'd never really heard of them before coming down here, but apparently they're well known in this area.

Anywho, they were having this special program for minority students at Vandy and that's what they call it - Law Schools (of maybe "Firms") from Soup to Nuts...like I said odd. However, I will say that everyone there was as seems to be custom in Nashville - uber friendly and open. From the associate who had just been there for 3 weeks to the managing partner of 30 years. It's funny, it was great mingling and chatting it up with them. I wasn't nervous at all...now if I can only have that same mindset with my professors....

Here's something totally un-law related....well, actually not really, but whatever. So, once again, I've heard that I'm perceived as a snob. And though I do admit to having snobbish tendencies....okay, to being somewhat of a snob - or rather, "selective" with who I count as friends(!), it still kinda takes me aback. I believe I'm friendly and usually very polite. I may not stop and chat, but that's 'cause I don't know you....

Basically, it is alleged that certain people (of the female variety) in a certain section of my class think that I'm standoffish, snobbish, etc... What kinda bugs me is that just because we all have curly hair doesn't mean we have to be best friends....! So, I'm gonna re-evaluate my behavior and see if I need to make some adjustments.

But seriously, high school was like 10 years ago....

5 comments:

Counsellor in Cultivation said...

hahahaha and so begins 5th grade.

a) i used to hear "snobby" all the time... i was/am pretty shy and had no intention of beng snobby but it would come off that way. i've grown out of it a lot as i've gotten older... but yeah its tough. i think most of the girls i would ever say that about are probably nice girls, they just don't talk.

b)ahhhh, the "nice" people at the firm receptions. i feel like the people that go to the receptions are the people that are happy with their jobs. if you hate your job you're not going to a function to support it. unless, of course, it is open bar... such circumstance completely rebunks my theory.

Anonymous said...

So are these women black and if so not only does it seem like a little bit of high school but also some extra heaping of estrogen seems to be flowing. God I love my testosterone

Anon from VA

Kelli said...

Dude, law school is high school. It's pathetic. The hookups. The drama. The gossip. It's kinda sad, really. I'm definitely considered "snobby" at school by some people because I don't talk to them. I'm just socially exhausted talking to my actual friends. And being in a forced social setting every day for hours is just too much, you know?

Kelli said...

Oh, and you cannot possibly be as "snobby" as the undergrad Vandy Candy. I hated those girls. I hated living in Hillsboro Village near them in their "f*ck me pants."

RandomlySane said...

lol - thanks you guys...i feel better already.

CiC - Good point about the "nice" people...some of them were actually the ones putting on the program...of course they "loved it"! Oh, and there was free booze.

Anon - Yes, they were black - got that from my "curly-hair" comment huh?

Miss Foxy - LOL.."Vandy Candy"!!! Is that what they're called??? Totally makes sense and fits. I was wondering about the high volume of long-legged blondes with fabulous clothes and flawless makeup...no wonder men love the undergrads...lol...