Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Bowling for Embarrassment


So - I neglected to tell you that Saturday night I went bowling. Something I haven't done in ages. I was the second oldest in about a group of 10 people ranging from 21-35. Since you should know by now that I'm 25 - you get the point.

To top things off, I was wearing a dress. No, not a scanty mini, but a full length - really long kinda hippy dress. So, I'm gonna bowl. I find a ball that I can hold and it's my turn.

I go up.....

Do the little crouch at the line.....

Take a couple of steps.......

Swing.....

And.....


Fall.


Yeah - all I felt were my feet going with the momentum of the ball and my butt hitting the ground. In front of CHILDREN!!!! So, I just sat there for a minute, laughed at myself (what else was I supposed to do?), and stood up to see everyone else almost choking on their own laughter. By the way, my ball not only went straight to the gutter, but I also fouled out since my legs were totally over the line.

Lesson learned: leave the heavy balls alone and don't wear long dresses bowling.


2 comments:

Kelli said...

That is classic. I mean, I'm sorry that happened to you and all, but you gotta admit it's kinda awesome!

itsnotmeitsme said...

That's awesome. I'm glad you could laugh at it (I definitely would have been unable to get up for a few minutes laughing so hard!).