Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Updates


Hey everyone, I’m gonna stop apologizing for not writing regularly – this whole law school process is extremely looong – and I’ve been obsessing about it….Plus, I just got dumped with a whole lot more responsibility lately….

But – good news – I got my first acceptance to University of Miami Law School!!!! YAY!! If all else fails – I’m definitely going to be in school in an absolutely great place :O)

Oh, click here to read my first ever article published on Baggage Reclaim - http://www.baggagereclaim.com/. I actually submitted it in October, but apparently it went to the Editor’s spam mailbox – lol! Anyway, it’s called “Sexy, Savvy, and Satisfied” – I know, I know….it just popped out k?

Alright – so something that is currently bugging me:

I have a friend who will remain nameless, who on a total whim decided to buy a ticket and stay in a hotel with a guy she met at the airport the previous week. When she told at first I was incredulous – then scared and upset.

Little backstory – Met him at the airport – seemed attractive and nice – met him for lunch – found out he was twice her age – laughed at it with us (her friends) and said it was too much for her. K, so I just assume the story is over. However, get a call this morning and hear that she’s in his hotel room and has been there since last night. But, she’s not attracted to the guy, and his bed is a so big it’s like they’re sleeping separately.

I’m not gonna throw stones, cuz God knows I’ve made some incredibly bad and yes, even stupid, decisions. Thing is – the first night went well – nothing happened. Great. Still, this dude obviously likes her, or he wouldn’t of asked her out in the first place….

And – she’s staying ONE more night!!! Granted she feels as though he’s trustworthy, but she doesn’t know him from Adam. I’m here freaking out, and she feels as though I’m exaggerating – so, I just paid to do a background check on him….

What do you think? Am I making too much of a big deal of this?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obviously, there's always a certain amount of risk involved, but that's something that we factor in when deciding exactly how we interact with a stranger.

I'm sure your friend is more than capable of gauging whether this guy is the next Hannibal Lecter or not. As long as you guys know where she is, there shouldn't be any need to panic.

But on the flip side, the US has more freaks per sq. mile than anywhere else on the planet. So that background check was probably a necessary safety measure!!

Anonymous said...

Did you really do a background check? Man, you are a good friend but she made her bed and is lying and someone elses, so she is grown ain't she. Plus, do not go in a guys bed and not expect him not to make a move. Most guys are not like me

Anon from VA

PS These long breaks from blogging aren't good. is that baggage spot a chick spot?

Vixen said...

Congrats on your first acceptance...that's really cool.

As for your friend, I think that you should leave it to her discretion. I'm sure that her sixth sense is fully capable of discernment...she called u, so she's still alive right?

Congrats on getting pubblished for Baggage Reclaim...I still write there once in a while...I have to go read your post.

Please post more often

RandomlySane said...

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your input. I've calmed down a lot now...guess I should have mentioned that I've had a similar, but scary experience, with someone I trusted. I escaped unharmed, but this situation just brought back the horrible memories...

Shaft, according to the background check he's squeaky clean and she seems fine so far...I still wouldn't make the same decision, but it wasn't mine to make and she is a capable adult :O)

And thanks for the congrats Vixen -I'll definitely make more of an effort to post more often...lol...oh, just check out the site Anon and you can make your own assessment!

RandomlySane said...

Lol - "most guys are not like me" - ummm...is this a different Anon from VA...???!!! Right....