Friday, December 01, 2006

Too Many to Juggle


Alright, I know that if you’re one of my friends, girls in particular, you’ve heard me lament about the recyclable Adventist male. Well, I have to briefly mention it again.

Our circle is so incredibly small that you cannot date someone without previous baggage of someone else whom you more than likely know. Okay, a bit wordy, but basically we’re all connected in some way or another. One of your friends are friends with so and so, who are best friends with so and so…..blah, blah, blah… Especially if you were born and raised, went to our schools.

It’s annoying!!! Plus, these dudes are relatively stupid and forget that if they are all connected so are we….hellooo? You’re a so-called “professional” and forget that wherever you are in an Adventist circle someone there knows someone else who probably knows the girl you’re dating….!

You can’t try to date two girls at the same time. Duh! Oh, and don’t let me talk about the dude who dated one of my friends, then another, and then tried to “holla” at me! Lol…what a moron….

Quite frankly, you’re all idiots. I pray to God that I don’t end up with someone from this immature circle. I finally have realized that they typically don’t mature until, I don’t know, mid-thirties????? Beyond????

I refuse to be one of those girls who end up dating everyone in the same circle and then are left confused and discouraged when none of those guys want to commit.

And because I know there are a few of you (literally) who fit this category, I will say that if you’re reading this you are probably not one of the jerks I’m talking about. At least I hope not :O).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For a few secs I thought you were talking about me until that last sentence. I hope thats not me but unfortunately the Black Adventist circle is small. But you can't worry about who they have dated in the past, cause the past could be 7 or 8 years and people change in that time. I hope that I still have a chance with you.

Anon from VA

RandomlySane said...

No - it's not you...lol...that's why I put that sentence! It just happens that after I spoke to you a friend had a "situation" come up...as for your chance...guess we'll have to wait and see...

Anonymous said...

Seems like there are a few "demand and supply" issues. Does this mean you'd consider marrying someone outside the church?

RandomlySane said...

I agree - though there are wonderful men out there that we women sometimes overlook for utterly frivolous reasons...we have maturing to do as well!

But no, this doesn't mean I'd consider someone outside the church. I have enough faith that God will work it out. I'm too unique, and I'll have enough problems to deal with in a relationship. I don't need to compromise on something so fundamental to my spirituality and lifestyle.