Tuesday, October 31, 2006

New York, New York


I just came back from a wonderful trip to NYC! It was one of those great trips that take a week to recuperate from. My friend and I went for another friends 25th. We had a daily itinerary that we pretty much stuck too - food, Broadway, food, shopping, food, Empire State (took more than an hour to go up for 15 minutes!), food, the Underground, food....you get my drift...

I ate like food was going out of style! To top it off there was this wonderful restaurant/lounge in Brooklyn called "the sugarcane". (sigh) I need a moment of silence.

The food there was unexplainable through writing. It's a Trinidadian cuisine with callaloo to die for! I'm not a huge callaloo person. Used to hate it - the consistency, color, etc.... But I've since come to appreciate it. Let me tell you - ordering that side dish was the BEST decision I made. Needless to say, we went back twice over the weekend!

We saw a play called The Drowsy Chaperone, which was completely hilarious and shallow, and which my friends took a nap in....one was actually snoring for a bit....but it was okay, I could barely keep my eyes open - we partied hard the night before!

Hmmmm.....what else...? Did I mention eating? After the play we were supposed to meet up with some friends for dinner, but we had an hour and we were hungry - so we went to Junior's (known for its delicious cheesecakes) and had appetizers...then we went to eat....lol....

Anyway, to sum it all up - I had a GREAT time...now back to reality....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must be nice, some people get to work hard and others take trips every 3 weeks.

vinny

RandomlySane said...

LOL - is that jealousy I hear dripping from your voice...maybe you need to change occupations... :O)

Anonymous said...

Not jealousy but probably me just hating, love my job, just no money and time to travel like you right now