Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Off With Her ------!


So maybe, I'm completely shallow, vapid and lacking the creative outlook needed to appreciate this work of art. Perhaps I have metamorphed into a lazy viewer who only is pleased with a specific chain of events. Whatever the case - Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette was an utter waste of my money, and most importantly my time!

You know when you go into a movie with high expectations, and then end up being completely disappointed? Well, the disappointment quickly turns into annoyance and in some cases anger. Call me unrefined or immature. Frankly, I could care less. What I do care about is that I could of used those two hours of my life to finish cleaning my room!

Two hours of my life that I can never get back. Ever. So, if by chance you like I was, am anxious to see this movie. Take my advice and be prepared. It's long - quite ornate and glam - slow - and seems to be taking you somewhere until it abrubtly ends and leaves you wondering what just happened.

Honestly, I should of known that Jason Schwartzman or whatever his name is and Molly Shannon wouldn't appear in a movie that could be taken seriously. But that's the thing - it's not funny. At all. Plus, we got there early and people were still sitting in their seats watching the credits. Now I know that they were waiting for the last scene.....

(sigh) Okay. I'm done ranting....just thought you should know....

2 comments:

ems said...

Comments on other blogs have praised Coppola and the acting so much I started to think we'd watched a different film. I'm relieved that there is at least someone else who shares my opinion. We can be vapid together.

RandomlySane said...

lol - totally with you...