Monday, November 05, 2007

I love you, but I don't have time

I.want.to.sleep.

Forever.

Why did I come to law school again?

This morning a certain row was called on to brief a case - and the first guy told the teacher that he had a hell of a week. The second person couldn't answer and neither could the third. Someone told her that we had a memo due this morning.

Her response?

"It's Monday." Pause. "Do you know how many credits this course is?"

Held up 4 fingers.

Then -

"Do you know many credits legal writing is?"

2 Fingers.

"Priorities."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Harsh, but your prof's got a point. That's what I told all of my 1L mentees before the year started.... spend the most time on the classes with the highest credit value.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

BCC said...

you see, your professor doesn't realize that the student has their priorities correct: there is no penalty for being unprepared for class (besides embarrassment), but there is a penalty if you hand a paper in late.

itsnotmeitsme said...

Metheus has it right - although, of course, if you write the memo ahead of time that makes it easier... [[says the gunner]]