Sunday, February 11, 2007

Party All the Time


Title's a little homage to Eddie Murphy...lol... By the way, I hope that you've seen Dreamgirls by now!! If you haven't then stop reading my post and go see the movie!


Okay, anyway - went to a party tonight - hosted by the organization called ICOF. It has a website, etc...but I don't remember what it is...basically, it's non-profit geared towards helping women and children in developing countries. Very young organization who raises money by charging donations. Yup, you heard me right - they charge a donation to enter the party.


(yawn) I'm tired. So, just thought it was interesting that no matter what party I go to - it's always the same. House/apartment parties, etc... people lined up on the wall or seating on the couches until some brave soul starts dancing and slowly others join. Then, the shyness steps in and back on the couch/wall - over and over again.I say this, because I know. I am that person who will not dance unless a whole bunch of other people are dancing too.


My sister, on the other hand, is the complete opposite. She'll dance by herself. She'll take me in the middle of the dance floor and try to dance with me while people gather around. She’ll twirl around me. Press us up on me and dance her behind off. Which is exactly what she did. The brat. Then of course, guys thought it was open season on me - I was finally off the couch and didn't ask just assumed....etc....

Look, I like dancing. I do. I'm just totally self-conscious - and if I don't know you and you are trying to jook me - uh....do you really think I'm gonna get more comfortable and loosen up? No. And no again.

3 comments:

Vixen said...

I'm more like your sis...

Vixen said...

I didn't edit it---it's just a direct link going to Moxie's blog and her post is still up. Scroll down to read the whole thing.

http://moxieblog.typepad.com/moxieblog/2007/02/the_cheat_sheet.html

RandomlySane said...

Oh - thanks...guess I wasn't paying attention...